Scribbler is a WordPress plugin that allows you to show an animation of handwritten text on your site. See an example on deschrijfcoacharuba.com
Why use Scribbler?
Handwriting is very personal, this can give a personal touch to your logo, your site, product, app or videos.
How to use Scribbler
- Download the plugin (we’re not on the WordPress directory yet).
- Go to your admin section in WordPress and choose Plugins.
- Choose ‘upload plugin’
- Press ‘choose file’ and then install
- Alternatively, unzip the plugin. Use FTP to go to your WordPress/wp-content/plugins folder and upload the directory there. Activate the Scribbler plugin
- Go to Settings > Scribbler
- Enter the text you’d like to see animated on your home page
There is currently only one option: text. This defines what text to show on the page.
You will probably want to customize the CSS file, which is in the same folder as the plugin. By default the text appears in div#pen, which will be placed right below the content of the post.
- The plugin is programmed to only work on a home page (using is_frontpage), because having a handwriting animation on every page gives bad usability.
- The speed is fixed to 400 ms per character
- As already said, it has only one font: ‘Tangerine’ (a Google Font).
There is only one font (Tangerine). If you want to use another font, you’ll have to do the preparations yourself: create a cufonized font and modify the default in Scribbler.php.
There are no known problems as of yet.
If you want to help me, I’d appreciate to be sent cufonized fonts. I will then implement the use of that font in the plugin.
I want this too on my site!
If you’re not technically inclined I can customize it for you on your site. Just leave a comment or contact me (http://about.me/michiel) and we can agree on a price.
Or, do it yourself.